2015 End of Year Reflection

December 30, 2015

Wow! It's been quite a while since the last time I posted anything in here. This morning, I just randomly remember about this blog (which I completely forgot that I had, oops!), and I decided to write something here to share with you guys, whoever and wherever you are reading this :)

So, as you guys may notice already, another year is coming to an end. I don't know if it's just me, but as I get older, I feel like time just seems to fly way faster than it used to. When I was little, I could play all day long and still got a lot of time to do any other stuff that I loved. Now, I am working on my laptop for what feels like an hour and the sun will set already. Sometimes, I get a scary thought that I will not be able to do everything that I want in my life because I feel like the time is chasing me. I also fear that I'm not productive enough, I haven't done much in my life, I wasted too much time doing something, etc. At time like this, I really like to reflect on everything that has happened in my life, just to see how much I already been through, to reassure myself that everything is going to be fine and I'm just overreacting too much.

I remember starting 2015 with a new hope, a set of goals, and a prepared heart to face my thesis for my bachelor's degree. It was the final step to graduate from university, and I can't lie to you, I was really nervous in those early months. What I was grateful about is that I had a lot of amazing friends to go through it together. We shared the same nervousness, struggle, and success together. Some might remember their thesis moments being scary and stressful, but I remember it as a beautiful time when I could have some bonding time with my friends. Yes, I was in a lot of stress, yes, it was quite a struggle to finish my thesis, but it was an amazing journey because we did it together.

2015 is the year when I found love. I can't thank God enough for that, because He has sent me someone special to be by my side. I don't really want to talk too much about it, since it's quite private for me. However, this moment has changed my life a lot this year, so not mentioning it will be just wrong. I know I imply my boyfriend with 'someone special' here, but I think it doesn't necessarily need to be a boyfriend or a girlfriend, it could be anybody. Your parents and siblings could be your 'someone special', or your friends, your pets, your neighbors, etc. In fact, I have a lot of people to be thankful for this year and everyone is special. I think I just need to be thankful that I have so many people in my life that keeps me going everyday and are ready to help whenever needed. So, I sincerely say thank you to everyone who's crossing the path of my life.

Overall, in 2015 I faced a big transition from school life to 'real life'. I am still struggling with it, I still have a lot of worries about what I should do with my life, whether I have chosen the right decisions, and all those confusing questions about the future. However, worrying about it will bring me nowhere, so I decided to stop worry about the future too much and just do what I feel right at the moment. I think some fresh graduates will have this kind of struggle too, but since life won't wait on us, it's best to just keep on going and make sure that we're doing something which we won't regret too much.

2015 is going to pass and 2016 will be a new blank page. Let's take what we've learnt in 2015 as a lesson to have a better year in 2016.

Life is full of ups and downs, but I think that's what makes a balanced life.
Have a beautiful 2016 everyone! :)

Happy New Year Type:
Source: Pinterest



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Featured post

2018 Reflection // Why I'm in Love with This Hot Mess Called 2018

Wow, my blog has become dusty and full of spider webs for these past 6 months. I'm really sorry for being gone just like that for ha...

Instagram

Subscribe