Everything Happens for a Reason

July 14, 2016



Hello there! I'm sorry I've been gone for a few days and didn't post anything. I just didn't feel like it, because I've been having some quite rough days and I wasn't emotionally stable. But, there is this one sentence that keeps echoing inside my head during those days:

"Everything happens for a reason."

I never really understand the meaning of this sentence until a few years ago.

When I was a little bit younger, I used to have this big dream of studying abroad. Then one day, there was this one chance to pursue a double degree program for one year in Europe! I was so excited and worked my best to prepare my application and get the highest TOEFL iBT score I could possibly get. After a long admission process, I was finally accepted and even granted a scholarship from the university. However, it was just not meant to be. Due to my family financial condition at that time, I wasn't able to go. I was so devastated at that time. I thought that life was so cruel for not letting me have the one thing that I really wanted, the one thing I had worked so hard to get.

That event changed me a little. I became a more reserved person at the next semester, the semester which I should had spent abroad. I didn't really socialize much anymore. I just went straight home after I was done with all the campus-related things. Even when some of my college friends asked me to hang out, I mostly declined or joined them half-heartedly.

However, as the time went by, I just started to get closer to these college friends since they just kept coming back to me. I started to join their conversations and hang outs a little bit more. Suddenly, we're just getting closer and closer. I made friends. A lot of new close friends. We even went on a road trip together, took a lot pictures, made a lot of memories. I never had this kind of friendship during my entire first three years of university. And I never imagined I would have this kind of friendship in my university years, the one that will last for a long time. It was kind of unexpected for me.

Other than that, there is also another unexpected thing happening. One of my close friends even becomes my boyfriend now, and I have never felt so lucky and blessed that I failed to achieve that one dream I used to have. Even though I didn't get to achieve my dream of studying abroad, God makes my other big dream comes true, the dream of being loved.

That one year that I wasn't able to spend in Europe turns out to be one of the best year of my life. I found so many precious people and experienced a lot of meaningful and beautiful things. Most importantly, I started to have a more positive outlook of life. Now I believe that everything will turn out just fine, because God has a better plan for every failure and pain we're experiencing right now.

So, whenever I feel down I will always remember this special experience of mine and it will give me strength to power myself through the storm. Yes, I still feeling sad and upset about life sometimes, it's a really natural thing. But, I learn to never let those feelings stay there for too long. Because there is always a reason for everything that is happening in our lives. We just don't know yet.


Hope you find a little motivation by reading my short story of my experience. Don't forget to smile :)
CN.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Featured post

2018 Reflection // Why I'm in Love with This Hot Mess Called 2018

Wow, my blog has become dusty and full of spider webs for these past 6 months. I'm really sorry for being gone just like that for ha...

Instagram

Subscribe