Food Travel // Nasi Kuning Avon

October 25, 2016


Hello everyone!
Today I want to introduce you to a small yet famous food stall in Surabaya: Nasi Kuning Avon.

My mother used to bring a mysterious yet really delicious and spicy nasi kuning (yellow rice) out f nowhere. I've tasted the food for quite some time, but I never knew that it was from this stall. Until recently, my mom asked me to make a stop to this place while we're heading to another destination.


It's a pretty small stall, but the seat inside it is packed. Here's the menu available:


My mom ordered some to be taken home. Our favorite one is Nasi Kuning Tongkol! The fish is really spicy/hot, but I love it so much! I'm also really happy to find serundeng (fried coconut flakes) in it! It's such a great meal for brunch! :D






When you're buying a takeaway, you can ask for your food to be separated like mine:


That way, you can enjoy the fresh food instead of a soaked rice that's starting to smell strange after quite some time.


Get curious about this place? You can visit it or even order the food here:


I really recommend you to try the Nasi Kuning Tongkol here! I hope you'll love it as much as I do.
Have a fun weekdays! :D
CN.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Featured post

2018 Reflection // Why I'm in Love with This Hot Mess Called 2018

Wow, my blog has become dusty and full of spider webs for these past 6 months. I'm really sorry for being gone just like that for ha...

Instagram

Subscribe