Film Review // Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

November 20, 2016


It's been about a day or two since I finally stepped into the cinema and watched this astounding film: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

The day the film was announced, I was so excited and curious of it. Well, we never know anything about Newt Scamander. All we know is that he's the writer of Harry's school book and he's one of the students that Dumbledore was fond of. So, I had no specific expectation of the film, except that it will be magical and full of interesting magical creatures.

I must admit, when the opening of the film was starting and Warner Bros logo was fading in with that Harry Potter theme song playing on the background, I suddenly became so excited. I felt really nostalgic, since Harry Potter was such a big part of my childhood. While watching this film, I felt like I was experiencing a historical event (for the magic world, of course). I couldn't help imagining Hermione's reading a biography about Newt Scamander and this film is exactly what she's reading.

I won't tell you the details of the story line here (no one loves a spoiler, right?), but I must tell you that the story is really extraordinary! Once again, I'm amazed by J. K. Rowling's imagination. It's just amazing that theses stories are all in her head. Watching her imaginary world comes alive in a big screen just put me in awe. She has created something that will always have a special part on people's hearts.

I also really love that this film contains a lot of comedy parts. I could hear people laughing and I could actually feel that they enjoy this film so much. For some people who hasn't watched Harry Potter films (what have you done all these years?), there might be some confusing parts that they don't really get, since they have no knowledge about this world. However, this film won't be too hard or serious to be digested for them because of these comedy parts. That's why I think putting hilarious parts here and there is a really genius and helpful idea. So, be ready to laugh quite a lot :)

This film has such stunning actors. I always love Eddie Redmayne's acting skill ever since I watched him in Les Misérables, so I was super excited to see him portraying Newt (spoiler: he didn't let me down). I also really love watching Dan Fogler since he's just so hilarious! Ezra Miller also has such an amazing dark performance in the film. Moreover, there will be a surprise cast that will be revealed at the end of the film. This person just makes me even more impatient to watch the next sequel of this film! Do you have any guess who? ;)

Overall, this film is just fantastic, magical, hilarious, romantic, yet dark at the same time. The special effects are just absolutely remarkable, bringing you to a whole new side of the magic world. If you love Harry Potter films, then I believe you won't be disappointed with this one. If you haven't watched Harry Potter films (once again, what have you done all these years?), I will suggest you to watch all of those films or at least find out a little bit about this world (like, who's Albus Dumbledore and Gellert Grindelwald. I mean, you should know them, they're like really famous in the wizardry world). But, even if you don't want to waste your time with all those little details (you will want to find out about them after watching this film anyway), you'll still be able to enjoy this film. Believe me, you will.

So, what are you waiting for? Just get up and go to the nearest cinema! Don't forget to tell me what you think about this film after watching it. Happy watching! ^^
CN.



P. S.
Here's the trailer of the film, if you just need a little bit more persuasion to get to the cinema now:


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Featured post

2018 Reflection // Why I'm in Love with This Hot Mess Called 2018

Wow, my blog has become dusty and full of spider webs for these past 6 months. I'm really sorry for being gone just like that for ha...

Instagram

Subscribe