Food Travel // Pre-CNY Dinner at Shaburi!

February 10, 2017


Hello everybody! Welcome to another Food Travel post on my blog! 😆
Today I'm going to tell you about the dinner I had with my friends before Chinese New Year arrived. We decided to have our celebratory dinner at Shaburi. As you can see on the picture below, it's a Japanese shabu-shabu restaurant, and it's an all-you-can-eat buffet! Oh man, here came another sinful dinner...

Let's see how's the place look like! 😉


As you can see, the place was kind of nice and comfy with warm vibe. After we sat on our chairs, the waitress came and handed us this dinner menu. So, they had a different price for lunch and dinner, and of course dinner was more expensive.


I didn't choose the package with meat because it's more expensive, and my boyfriend said there would be plenty to eat already from the buffet itself. Therefore, to save my wallet and my diet (lol 😂), I chose the one where I can only eat the food from the buffet.

Now, let's go to the buffet and see what they had! 😏


I was mesmerized by the smoke/fog/whatever that was, it made everything look much more dramatic (lol). It also made it harder to look at the food though, but I guess they needed it to keep the food fresh (?).

There was also section for sauce ingredients. You can either make your own sauce or ask the server to help you make one.


I actually asked the server to make me the spicy one, it was a really nice sauce.

On the buffet I also found these food:


There was also a fried section on top of the foggy buffet:


I also saw this part for rice, Gyudon, and some other kind of rice called Takikomi Gohan. I decided to tried out this unique rice and the gyudon, it was a delicious meal! 😋


As any other all-you-can-eat buffet, I also got to have a free-flow drink! Here are some selections that were available:


I love spicy food, so I need to check the spicy sauces they had! Here's what I found:


Out of all, I really loved the chili oil. It tasted kind of similar with the sesame oil, which I also love. It wasn't really that spicy though. Even when I already poured a lot, like A LOT, it still wasn't spicy at all. So, I added some chili powder. That's just how much I love spicy food  😝

Are you curious about how our table looked like? Here's a peek for you:


Honestly, everything was really satisfying! I ended up feeling quite full.

The funny thing is, I didn't really that they had ice cream! Yes! They had an ice cream machine!
It was my very first experience using it, and I loved it so much! There were three flavors at that time: vanilla, chocolate, and the combination of both. There was time when they had a matcha one too, but it wasn't there at that time 😣


Thankfully, I didn't finish up all the brownies yet. I ended up dipping the brownies into my ice cream and ate them together. What a heavenly feeling 😋



That is the story from Pre-CNY era. Just wait for the post about my CNY celebration with my family!
See you on my next post! Have a great Friday everyone! 😁
CN.



P.S.
Keep following my story on my Instagram! 😉

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Featured post

2018 Reflection // Why I'm in Love with This Hot Mess Called 2018

Wow, my blog has become dusty and full of spider webs for these past 6 months. I'm really sorry for being gone just like that for ha...

Instagram

Subscribe